Sunday, June 17, 2012

Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

Today I return to blogging after a small break, because as they say, write every day, and you shall be writing every day. I don't actually have a topic in mind to talk about, but I decided I'd sit my laptop down on (where else) my lap, and let the words fly from my fingertips. And so they shall.
A word, in its natural habitat.
Seriously, what is that? I think it's a ladybug.
As I write this, I am experiencing an electronic malfunction. That is, I 'm not malfunctioning, a piece of electronics I own is. Or perhaps several are. That's the problem with malfunctioning electronics, you never know what the problem is. Say your iPod isn't getting the music you download to it from your computer. Your computer says the iPod got the music, but the iPod doesn't. What's malfunctioning here? The cable? The computer? The iPod? The wardrobe?

Currently, my problem consists of my computer not reading the USB cable running from my Behringer audio mixer. Now, I know my two readers who know anything about audio technology (Hi Sam! Hi Peter!) are saying, "Of course, it's not working! It's a Behringer!" But I've discussed this mixer with both of you, and you both gave your approval, so you're obviously lying. Now, get back to your bubble baths, or whatever it is people I know do when I'm not around. (Though I really don't see how you get on without me.)

This blog's title is, of course, a Jimi Hendrix song. A very long one. He also had a song called "Voodoo Chile." He also had amazing hair.

The italics were for emphasis, not sarcasm.
I called this post what I called it because it is my "Slight Return" to blogging after a two day break from my rigorous schedule. The return is only slight because in 10 days I'll be heading off to summer camp, and be taking an eight-week-long break from blogging, with maybe one blog smack dab in the middle of that time period when I visit home. It will be a grand visit, during which there will be a grand reunion between my butt and my couch.

So those are the words that come out of my fingertips. Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment