Saturday, June 2, 2012

My Prognostication Was A Bit Off

[The least eventful] will be tomorrow, where the main activity will be sitting in a car and listening to music.


That was how I left it yesterday. So it had been written, so it was to be done. But, it appears my prognostication was off a bit. Things happened today. 


This morning we left our apartment in Tel Aviv and took a cab to the airport, where we got our rental car, a Mazda 5. In this sexy, sleek, sports car, we began the 3.5 hour drive toward Eilat, another Israeli city. A few minutes into the drive, we plugged an iPhone into the car's stereo system and shuffled the show tunes playlist. It was time for a grand Perlmeter family sing-along!


Highlights of today's sing-along included:

  • "The Morning Report" from The Lion King
  • "On My Own" from Les Miserables
  • "Do Re Mi" from The Sound of Music
  • "I Dreamed A Dream," Glee edition
  • And most of the first act of RENT
An hour into the ride, we stopped at hiking spot Ayn Avdat National Park, a beautiful spot smack dab in the middle of the desert. We took in the lovely landscape.

We hiked across a pond while paying homage to The Beatles.





I showed off my terrible, terrible camera smile.
The hike was really fun, even if it was a wee bit hot outside. We got back in the car and set the course for Eilat, but we were soon distracted by a bunch of ibises blocking the road. Here's an ibex. The hike was really fun, even if it was a wee bit hot outside. We got back in the car and set the course for Eilat, but we were soon distracted by a bunch of ibises blocking the road. Here's an ibex.

There were lots of ibises, including two very dramatic looking ones that we realized were fake upon a closer look.

Soon thereafter, the cramped, back-pain inducing car ride was over, and we arrived at our very nice hotel. My dad and I were excited to go snorkeling. Here are some pictures I took of the snorkeling experience.






There was no snorkeling experience. It was closed when we got there, so we took a dip in the pool instead. In the pool, rather unsurprisingly, I got wet.

I toweled off and we went to dinner and . . . that was pretty much it.

I guess some stuff did happen today. Too bad, I thought my psychic abilities were getting pretty well honed.

No comments:

Post a Comment