Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Home Again

Well, here we are. The Trip To Israel Then Jordan But Not For As Long Then Back To Israel Just For A Night And Then Home is over. I write this blog from my beloved couch in my beloved house, with my beloved computer plugged into a beloved American power outlet.

The entirety of today was taken up by the twelve-hour plane ride from Tel Aviv to Newark Airport. Also, it was my sister Jackie's birthday. Not a very fun birthday, but she was lucky. Because our plane was traveling West, her birthday was seven extra hours longer! The thing was, those seven hours were spent on a plane, and flying in an airplane is never a fun experience. Sure, you can do fun things on a plane, like read or play games, but you can do the same things off a plane, while sitting in a chair that is actually wider than your body.

Aside from eating the awful, awful food they brought us (the two meals being, for some reason, lunch and breakfast, in that order), I spent most of my time on the plane watching movies on the inflight entertainment system. I watched The Sound of Music, Forrest Gump, and Glee: The 3D Concert Movie. Suffice it to say, the last was the greatest of the three films.

Okay, obviously that was sarcasm, and normally I would just let that sit there, but I have to emphasize this point. I like the show Glee. I'm sure the concert itself was great, but the movie was terrible. It was composed of two main parts. The first was very badly produced concert footage, and the second was inspiring stories of Glee fans with disabilities. Some of the stories were inspiring, but some were troubling, because these kids were unhealthily obsessed with Glee. The movie was nothing more than an ad for the show.

Moving on from my anti-Glee movie tirade, It's time for the grand flashback to the trip. In the words of Maria Von Trapp (Sorry, I did watch the movie just a few hours ago), "Let's start at the very beginning. A very good place to start."

Well, we arrived on a plane, went to our hotel in Tel Aviv, and went to a Mexican restaurant. Then we went to sleep, and I woke up and started my blog. Then several more days passed, during which events happened which I detailed in past blog posts and am too lazy to repeat. Here are some fancy pictures to tell you about them for me.

The beach in Tel Aviv.
Tel Aviv street art. That message is real deep.
I actually have no idea what those words say.
Tel Aviv cemetery.
Jerusalem street market.
Steve's Packs backpack selection.
Very colorful.
Very, very colorful.

Western Wall, with partition dividing men and women.
Completely disgusting.
The division of men and women, I mean.
The wall is quite pretty.
Ayn Avdat National Park.
We all seem to be quite confused in this picture.
The ancient city of Petra.
This city is really old.
It's much older than cream cheese, which was invented in the 1890's.
In Wadi Rum with our guide, Ali, the greatest man to ever live.
He is so amazing the picture can only contain half of his body.

Well, that takes care of the witty captions I promised yesterday. Now for the takeout food. After getting home from the airport, we ordered pizza. It was good. The wings were great. We then ate my sister's birthday cake. That cake was probably the best part of this long, long day.

So concludes my tale of the Perlmeter/Hertzman clan's Trip To Israel Then Jordan But Not For As Long Then Back To Israel Just For A Night And Then Home. Tomorrow, although this is not a fact I am happy about, I have to go to school, and so my journal assignment is over. I don't have to blog anymore. But I will. Return to this URL tomorrow for a bold new blog, with a bold new title, a title probably shorter than my current title of Trip To Israel Then Jordan But Not For As Long Then Back To Israel Just For A Night And Then Home. The post will have nothing to do with Israel. Perhaps I'll post my top fifteen musical cues of the Back to the Future trilogy, or discuss the Satanic messages subliminally sent out by the Food Network. We shall see.

This has been a Trip To Israel Then Jordan But Not For As Long Then Back To Israel Just For A Night And Then Home. Mrs. Dominick, I hope you liked it.




No comments:

Post a Comment